Wednesday, October 7, 2009

My Favorite part...Northern California

I know way too many pictures but the last 5 days were my favorite and we drove up the coast on Highway 1 and camped. The coast was gorgeous and I loved all the small towns and we ate some delicious clam chowder. The Redwoods were huge and gorgeous and then we went to Crater Lake which was very blue and beautiful.

The first night we camped at a gorgeous spot that was wooded and was on the ocean. When we told Abby we were going to California she of course thought Newport and really wanted to play in the sand and ocean. So she did, it was freezing but she loved it!!
One night because the boys left the food out we were attacked...not by a Mountain Lion but racoons! They got our marshmellows before Monty got his courage up to scare them away. Thanks Monty for sacraficing your life for us!!
Notice the deer in the back. There was a lot of wildlife. We were eating our breakfast and they walked on by.
The Redwoods were amazing and we were even able to drive through one. They really were huge and gorgeous.
This was our second camping spot...right in the middle of the forest. David was great on the trip because when he fussed we just told him to suck his thumb!! I love that thumb!
My social Abby met some new German Friends at our campspot at Crater Lake. Yes they have already sent her a postcard and really enjoyed her company! My little social butterfly!
Crater Lake was gorgeous and very, very blue.

Well our trip ended with the Utes losing to Oregon so that wasn't great but it turned out to be a fun trip and I wish I could go back!

4 comments:

Evans Fam said...

ok...good posts! yay for getting them on here. did you get your computer fixed? totally jealous of your fun trip up the coast. looks gorgeous. about the raiders...way to go Laura. That is one of the funniest posts we've ever read. And those pictures of San Fran sure brought back some fun memories of our trip there...wish we could go on another road-trip with you guys...soon k?

Kathryn said...

Fun stuff...beautiful area! Your kids just make me laugh!!

Natalie Black said...

Abby is such a beautiful little girl! Wow, your pictures are awesome, I'm jealous! Did you eat your clam chowder at The Tides by any chance? It's in Bodega Bay right off the highway and it's one of my faves...

Brooke said...

How fun Laura, I remember camping near there as a kid!