Saturday, December 12, 2009

Truly Grateful!

Something that has been a hard lesson for me to learn in my life is letting people know how I am really feeling and what REALLY is going on in my life. For some reason I feel that if I hide everything, I can be in control. It is hard for me to open up and show some weaknesses. Due to this tenacy, I often feel alone, bitter and that nobody cares about me.

I have been shocked lately that as I have been forced to open up and let people into my life how much love and support I have recieved. And not only that but how much generosity there is in the world.

So I have finally realzied that people can't help you if they don't know what is going on. So I am grateful...for how hard it is for me to do...that I have been able to open up and let people into my life. I have never felt so much love, support and I have been truly blessed!

So this is a THANK YOU to all of you who have not only listened to me but blessed me this past year! You have changed my life and I feel truly blessed! There are little miracles happening all around me and it is through all of you that they are happening!

5 comments:

Reyna said...

One of the biggest lessons I learned in a year of extreme trials was exactly what you wrote about. It changed my views the same way. It's pretty amazing to find out that people love and care about you when you open up. Take care! You are loved in Chicago!

Andrea Denzer said...

I think you're right... and I appreciate you sharing. I miss you, and I haven't been as good of a friend since Will was born. We do talk about you guys all the time though! I hope you know that I would do anything for you and that I love you! Lets get together really soon, ok?

Liz said...

Love you Laura!

James and Jessica Ford said...

Oh my goodness! Thank you for sending the website on your card. I have been dying to see what you guys are up too. Looks like you are doing great. You look awesome and your kids are beautiful. Your family pictures are awesome I love them all. Hope to see you when we come at the end of the month.

Brooke said...

I remember the time when this first happened to me. I thought it would make me vulnerable, but it actually is quite empowering to be honest and frank about your life and it's many many ups and downs. Like they say what goes up must come down, but I also believe that what goes down MUST come up! ;) xoxox Brooke