Monday, January 11, 2010

I love old people...especially this Man!!

My sister and I have a running joke that she loves old people and I love babies! Which is true...but recently I have come to realize how much I love and appreciate old people. My grandfather got sick a few weeks ago and the day before he went to the hospital I was able to visit him. As I was leaving he gave me a hug and told me how much he loved me. It really touched my heart I realized then that Grandpa had always told me he loved me whenever I left or spoke to him on the phone. I realized what an amazing Grandpa he had always been to me and what a good influence he has been in my life. We found out 2 days before Christmas that he had cancer throughout his body and had a few weeks to live...obviously I have been thinking of him a lot and visiting him. I have really enjoyed the time I have spent around him and feel at peace when I am with him. Just like how I feel close to Heaven when I am around babies...I felt the same way around him. I just visited him tonight a few hours ago and even though he didn't wake up for me I was glad to see him.
I just found out he passed away with his wife and three children around him. I am grateful he didn't have to suffer for too long and will be able to have peace once again.
I love you grandpa and you will be missed!

1 comment:

Evans Fam said...

Oh, Laura, I'm sorry to hear that he passed....but glad you got to spend some good time with him. I am hoping I will get to see my grandma again before she decides to reunite with her husband.

I love being able to check your blog all the time and stay caught up...miss you and can't wait to see you guys in March!