Saturday, January 2, 2010

Christmas has come to an end!!!

I am sad Christmas is over! I love Christmas and like Abby I wish we could leave the Christmas tree up ALL year long. But sadly it is time to start a new year! I would have to say this has been the best Christmas I have had in a long time. Which is an interesting statement because when I think about this past month the facts add up to equal a bad christmas. All 3 kids have been sick and cranky, we had 6 doctor visits, Brad and I have had a lingering cold all month, Brad has had to work a lot, Ben has cried hours and hours at a time, doesn't like to sleep and wakes up at 6 am every morning and wants to play, I didn't get much sleep, we bought less this christmas, had less parties and gave away less gifts, and I have looked the worst I have had at any Christmas...BUT despite all of that I get a smile on my face everytime I think about Christmas 2009! And I have finally realized why...and it is because we counted our blessing a little more, we thought about the birth of Christ a little more and most of all we felt the true spirit of Christmas this year. I have never felt so much LOVE, CHARITY and HOPE!! I only wish every Christmas could FEEL this good!

1 comment:

Andrea Denzer said...

Maybe every Christmas COULD be as good as 2009! We had so much fun with you guys on New Year's. Let's hang again soon!